About the Role
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2022. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The Extreme Blue internship experience combines great talent and cutting-edge technology to drive innovation. Throughout the program’s history, interns have filed over 600 patent disclosures, helping to create solutions for clients and bring to market the next generation of IBM products.
Extreme Blue teams are like start-ups that must work together to solve a problem or create a solution for IBM clients. The interns work in small project teams that include business and technical students, supported by IBM mentors. Each Extreme Blue team is part of a larger lab environment that fosters collaboration, encourages mentorship, and drives success.
Unlike other internship programs where a student works under specific direction, interns in Extreme Blue are free to use their skills and creativity to generate powerful solutions that have the potential to shake up the technological marketplace. Interns in this high- performance environment get to roll up their sleeves and work with hot technologies like AI, cloud, mobile & analytics.
The summer is capped with a final presentation to senior IBM leadership, culminating in an extremely exciting and fast- paced summer. Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Interest and aptitude for business challenges in a high-paced, dynamic, and technology driven environment
• Desire and demonstrated capability to effectively work in a team-oriented setting, both as a leader and a team player
• History of personal initiatives for exploring technology, illustrated by a clear understanding of Information Technology business trends
• Passion, ambition, creativity, resourcefulness, and relentless dedication
• Past work experience or internships in product management, project management, or start-up environments considered an asset
• Pursuing a Master’s degree in Business (Strongly Recommended)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong communication and leadership skills with an aptitude for collaborative team work
• Business concept innovation
• Effective application of market and competitive analysis research and business plan development
• Demonstrates ability to work business issues in a highly dynamic, technology-based environment
• Participation in a new product development initiative
• Significant contribution in a team-based environment, both as a team player and a leader
• Demonstrates creativity
About the Company
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.